If you are critical about yourself and your body image, you are not alone. Statistics show that:
- About 80% of the women are not happy with who we are.
- At least 30 million Americans suffer from an eating disorder. (Eating Disorders Coalition)
- 81% of 10-year-olds are afraid of being fat. (NEDA)
- At least every 62 minutes someone dies as a direct result from suffering from an eating disorder. (Eating Disorders Coalition)
- Traditional media, social media, fashion and beauty industries impose unrealistic body image on women.
- Body image challenges damage women’s self-esteem and divert women from focusing on building skill sets.
When we are not embracing ourselves for who we are, it will severely damage our self-esteem and self-confidence and add unnecessary stress to our already busy and hectic lives.
Women play an important role in this society. We are the first line of educators and role models for generations to come. When we invest, respect and lift up women, we build stronger communities and stronger societies.
Miss Fashion Week is a women empowerment platform that focuses on #3 and #5 of UN's Sustainable Development Goals - Good health & Well-being and Gender Equality.
She Marketplace provides tools and resources to help women achieve mental, physical and financial success. Please click here for more info on She Marketplace.
Miss Fashion Week started by her for her.
Miss Fashion Week’s mission is to use fashion as our media and runway as our platform to raise generations of strong daughters.
#YouAreEnough is a campaign initiated by Miss Fashion Week to encourage women of all ages to embrace themselves for who they are and boost their self-esteem and self-confidence.
All of Miss Fashion Week members and contestants are advocates of building self-esteem and leadership capability in girls and women of all ages and stages.
We are a 501(c)(3) organization under MFW Foundation.
We want to invite you join us to embrace this new awakened you. To free yourself from all the negative talks and limitations you set on yourself. and to live a life full of joy, peace, love and hope. Take the pledge now:
Our goal is to have 1 million women donate $1 a month to reach 1 million girls age 11 to 17.